As women we are put through the wringer when it comes to health problems. There are steps we can take to reduce, relieve and prevent harmful ailments from affecting our bodies.
Omega 3 fatty acids have a host of benefits for everyone, but women in particular would benefit from adding it into their regime of vitamins. Krill Oil helps everything from a women’s cognitive health, breast health, heart health and the encouragement of healthy bones.
Omega 3’s: The Wonders of Krill Oil EPA DHA
You can take omega 3 in any form, but to see the greatest benefits we recommend Krill Oil. A study by Bunea R, El Farrah and Deutsch reported in the 2004 Alternative Medicine Review showed that Krill Oil outdoes fish oil, omega 3 supplements and placebos when it comes to drastic health benefits.
The difference largely lies in the fact that Krill Oil is rich in EPA and DHA which help our bodies digest and absorb the omega 3’s from Krill Oil. If your body isn’t absorbing a supplement, what is the point of even taking it? Krill Oil is easy to digest and absorb also due to the fact it is water based instead of oil based.
When our body actually absorbs the intended omega 3’s, the health benefits are well-documented and boasted about by many doctors. Here are the top health benefits of krill oil for women:
1. Relief from Menstrual Cramps: All women hate cramps. These cramps are known as dysmenrrhea in the medical field, and greet us every month although they are not welcome.
One of the major causes of cramps is production of pro-inflammatory eicosanoids. EPA, eicosapentaenoic acid, helps produce anti-inflammatory eicosanoids that help your body get back to an equilibrium that creates a relief from the dreaded cramps.
2. Breast Cancer Prevention: Breast cancer is the most common cause of death in women, and it is one of the most common types of cancer women experience. While there is no guarantee of prevention, research is beginning to indicate that taking omega 3’s can help lower the chances of an individual of getting breast cancer. The DHA in Krill Oil serves as a natural anti-inflammatory that helps to kill off cancers cells while halting cellular transformation.
3. Preeclampsia prevention: Preeclampsia is the condition of high blood pressure during pregnancy, which can be dangerous for the mother and the baby. Omega 3’s helps lower and maintain blood pressure to reduce the risk of preeclampsia. We encourage mothers to be to try to maintain healthy blood pressure before pregnancy through healthy diet, exercise and Krill Oil.
4. Provides Relief From Symptoms Associated With Menopause.
During menopause our body’s production of estrogen slows, and our hormones get thrown out of wack. You may be familiar through experience or hear-say about the infamous symptoms of hot flashes, mood changes and all sort of unpleasant experiences none of us look forward to.
When estrogen levels decrease, the body tends to make more insulin. Too much insulin leads to the production of arachidonic acid which indicates to the body to generate harmful eicosanoids. This is what causes the dreaded hot flashes. EPA helps balance the eicosanoids to more harmonious levels.
The other major symptom of menopause is depression which is caused by hormone fluctuation and the mental realization that our body is changing. Study by Dr. François Lespérance of the Centre de recherche du Centre hospitalier at the Université de Montréal proved that omega 3’s can effectively treat major depression that isn’t accompanied by anxiety. Omega 3 supplements with high levels of EPA, like Krill Oil, have been used to treat patients with depression when initial attempts with anti-depressant medication prove to be ineffective.
5. Reduced risk of heart disease
Women prematurely die from heart disease more than any other condition, even breast cancer. As women age the risk multiplies, especially after menopause. The EPA and DHA present in Krill Oil work to combat heart disease.
The American Heart Association put its stamp of approval on omega 3 fatty acids, because they reduce risk of sudden heart attack, lowers high blood pressure, lowers triglycerides and decreases cholesterol levels. One of the ways Krill Oil does this is by decreasing inflammation to the body which is strongly correlated to heart disease.